We strongly believe that a healthy internal world is an oft-overlooked and yet extremely important part of being human. During a pandemic, there is more time for self-reflection, self-discovery, and self- adjustment. Here’s how we recommend people grow on a personal level in this season:
Write & Reflect Intentionally: Self-reflection is easy to forget. That is, even when we reflect on ourselves, we often forget what we discover. For most people, keeping some kind of record of what they notice, desire, fear, hope for, and grow into are worth writing down. We encourage people to designate specific times during the day to answer a few questions in writing and to compare their answers to those questions from day-to-day at the end of the week.
For instance, you might ask yourself with some regularity the following questions:
- What is GOD doing in my internal world right now?
- What has brought me JOY in the last 24 hours?
- What has brought me CHALLENGE in the last 24 hours?
- What am I GRATEFUL for right now?
- If I could CHANGE anything about my life right now, what would it be and why?
- What do I NEED right now and who can I ask for help?
You can come up with your own questions too. Whatever you do, we strongly recommend you write it down, review it regularly, and share it with someone you trust. This can be a vital rhythm for life and health as we navigate the uncertainties of a pandemic.